1 someone who uses salt to preserve meat or fish or other foods
2 someone who makes or deals in salt [syn: salt merchant]
- One who makes, sells, or applies salt.
Salter is a surname, and may refer to:
- Andrew Salter (1914–1996), U.S. psychotherapist.
- Hans J. Salter
- James Salter (born 1925), U.S. novelist
- James Arthur Salter
- John William Salter (1820–1869), English naturalist and palaeontologist
- June Salter
- Mandy Salter fictional character in the BBC soap opera EastEnders
- Mark Salter
- Martin Salter (born 1954), UK member of parliament
- Mary Jo Salter U.S. poet
- Robert B. Salter (born 1924), Canadian pediatric orthopaedic surgeon.
- Robert F. Salter, U.S. engineer
- Susanna M. Salter (1860–1961), U.S. politician, first woman mayor in the United States
- William Salter
- Lewis Salter
salter in German: Salter